Rich,

The AX100 can accommodate sleeves 44" long. The cabinet is 50" tall so even with hangers the posters should fit. SAGGING would definitely be a major problem! Thank you to whoever brought this up.

Zeev

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Halegua Comic Art" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] New Poster Filing and Viewing Cabinet

I'm with Kirby on this.
Those cabinets don't really look al that usefull to me. I think that flat files, which you can find under $600 for one sheets here in vegas, and which store more posters AND KEEP THEM FLAT WITH NO STRESS ON THE PAPER are a better solution

the hanging file that is shown Phillip would also need special hanging bags and let's say the cabinet is 44 inches at the high dimension, once you subtract the part of the hanger that needs to hook so it can hang, I'm sure you have reduced the available space by at least 2 inches, maybe 3 and that would negate it's usability. Don't forget that while the posters are hanging is=n such a fashion, the paper would be stressed and this could lead to tearing and unintentional slippage creasing. What would it do to the bottom corners in particular?? Also, if the posters are linenbacked, then you cannot even put them in to the hanging file

flat files for me... I need to find some used ones