If I'm not mistaken, "Song of the South" takes place in post-slavery
America. While it would still be controversial, I think Disney could
re-release it in one of those limited-edition DVD tins with a forward by
Leonard Maltin, reminding us that the film was made 60 years ago. I think it
would be wrong to leave that film sitting in the vaults forever.

As for the question on whether Charlie Chan is offensive to Asians, I'm
afraid I haven't seen those films. I have, however, seen Karloff's Mr. Wong
films, and those don't offend me at all.

-rk