already -- but there must be others?

thanks,

Evan

--- Begin Message ---
without RE-starting the CONTINUING debate...........................

1.  posters can be put on linen WITHOUT restoration.
or
2.  linen and some "cleaning" of the smudges and borders and NO PAINT
or
3.  LINEN PLUS:
    a)  minor touch-ups at folds
    b)  major paint
    c)  major paint with adding paper to missing pieces
    d)  restoration tantamount to an oil painting

just mounting on linen merely to strengthen the integrity of the poster & to give it a smoother (uncrinkled effect) & maybe a little bleaching is not offensive to me.  what's so terrible about seeing that the poster had NORMAL seam separation or border tears or darkened corners or a pencil mark?   ......it is when i hear the words, "RESTORED ON LINEN" that turn me off because "RESTORED" means paint.

(i am confused by what is meant when people say to take away the acid effect??????)

the term to soften the impact of the words PAINT/RESTORE seems to be AIRBRUSH.    but, isnt that paint?   of course.

frankly, i learned from bruce h. that you can put a one sheet on linen with none to minimal additional work.  i learned that when i bought one sheets of JANE EYRE and WUTHERING HEIGHTS from bruce had this approach (and explained in his descrip).  they are both great and framed!!!!  LESS is MORE.

But when bruce says it was put on linen with none or minimal restoration, you can believe him.  I have returned  3 posters over the years with the same pronouncement to other sellers, due to  massive, undisclosed restoration.  AND I THANK BRUCE PUBLICLY HERE for reaffirming to me privately (recently) about restoration work on an two of his items (although really stated by him in his descriptions)---bruce is as honest in describing pre-restoration condition and the ensuing restoration work as he is in describing defects in untouched posters----both in private emails and on the description page.  .

in sum........................consider placing a poster on linen with NO RESTORATION!!!!

michael

See what's free at AOL.com.