  From: Glenn Taranto
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:44 AM
  Subject: [MOPO] Glenn says thanks...

  Dear Mopo friends -

  Many thanks to all of those who have offered congratulations.

  This is a very unusual time in my life.  I liken it to, getting in a car,
with people you don't know, not sure of your destination or how long it's going
to take to get there.

  For the time being, however, I still feel safe sort of.

  Once they actually own the script there's little I can do.  They can add what
I call "the dancing monkeys" anytime they want.  Sometimes they even put the
monkeys in tuxedos to hide the fact they're not actually supposed to be there.

  I've been working on this script for 4 years.  There have been nibbles all
along the way which was always very encouraging. Now it's all come together.
The budget will be 2 million. Hopefully the script's content will be able to
attract some name people who just want to work on it for the sake of doing a
good story.

  People ask what I got paid. My financial interest in it is very small but at
this point, it's not the money, it's the opportunity to get my name out there
and hope other work follows.  (Once I get a check I might be looking for some
moderately priced Wheeler and Woolsey material!  I want to buy a little
something that reminds me of this deal.) I've been an actor for 25 years and my
employment history, shall we say, has been spotty at best. Resulting in an over
all average of 22 years of scrambling for the rent.

  I don't think I can talk too much more about the deal publicly until the
producers release some publicity.

  When I can, I'll let you know the name of the piece and what it's about. I
believe  in the "good story, well told" concept of film making and my fondest
hope is, that will be the end result.

  In the mean time as I've said to some MOPO'ers already - of all the things
that can happen,  I really can't wait to see what the one sheet looks like!
How crazy is that?

  warm regards,

  Glenn

5:26 PM