I had a couple hours free time this week for once, so I decided to see Superbad. Don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was hilarious. Not as good as Porky's, but probably better than American Pie. Definitely one of the best sex-comedies of all time (why does Hollywood HATE sex-comedies so much, they only gross about a bazillion dollars???). It doesn't have a laugh-yourself-till-you-piss-blood scene like the lassie scene in Porky's or the black knight scene in MP and the Holy Grail (or the naked fight scene in Borat for you younger viewers), but it's funny from start to finish. Much funnier than the typical Hollywood 'comedy' nowadays... Surprised to see the distributor hasn't ruined it yet...

Cheers,

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kirby McDaniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:02 PM
Subject: [!! SPAM] Re: [MOPO] Superbad OR Supergood?

I haven't seen it, yet, but everyone that I've spoken with who has LOVED it.
I loved KNOCKED UP and THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN not as much, but I'll
be seeing this one for sure. SUPERBAD is about 10 points below KNOCKED UP
on metacritic.com, but still logs in a respectable 76.

And who are the critics who give it a 90 or above:?
Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle
David Edelstein, New York Magazine
David Ansen, Newsweek
David Denby, The New Yorker
Scott Foundas, The Village Voice
Joanne Kaufman, The Wall Street Fox News Journal

So, I'm going!

Kirby