Hi Bruce!

My comments about your involvement in Christie's
auctions were essentially to rephrase what Kirby was
writing about as, when I read his comments, it
appeared he was suggesting you ran the first poster
auctions. I know Kirby is aware of the earlier auction
houses though so maybe it was just odd phrasing.

Anyway, I was also agreeing with him that when you did
bring Christie's into the poster market, it did
increase the value of everyone else's collections
substantially as those early Christies' auctions
really raised the bar on poster values.

I would never even remotely suggest that the impact of
both you and Christie's was in any way inconsequential
on the hobby. And I'll also say (again) that by
bringing Christie's into the poster hobby, I think
this hobby was taken to an entirely new level and
given the major exposure it so desperately needed.

What you, Rich, Grey (and his team) at Heritage along
with all the other dealers on Ebay, etc are doing is
great! You're bringing new people into the hobby and
that's what's needed: More Exposure. More Exposure.
More Exposure!!!

By the way, I just finished reading John Petty's
comments about all the work Heritage puts into the
marketing, catalogs, web site etc. Those guys bust
their ass over there putting those catalogs together-
as I'm sure you did when you were putting your
catalogs together- and as I'm sure you are doing now
with your internet auctions. While I don't work full
time for Heritage, I do help out when I have the time.
And while I'm there, I've seen the amount of work that
goes into the process. I don't think enough people out
there understand the time and effort that go into
these auctions and catalogs and that the fees that are
being charged are actually quite fair given the
product being delivered at the end of the day.

Hey, keep up the good work and have a great day!

Ron Moore

--- Bruce Hershenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://mail.yahoo.com