Howdy y'all,

It was good to see American Beauty as the #2 poster in
a compilation of the 100 greatest movie posters by
independent critics(?). Naturally, I can understand
how the exalted status of that (real photo) navel
easily surpasses prevoius decades of ho-hum art;
thereby vaulting cleanly over lesser known posters;
Gilda, for example, (currently #22).

I kid.

Possibly, there is method to this madness.

To wit: Create dialog (read controversy), resulting in
increasing hits on the website, which the vendor(s)
utilize(s) as advertising/marketing POS.

An additional element: poster purchases could lead to
exponential voting power. Heck ...I would buy 5
American Beauty posters to be able to vote (my
beloved) Gilda into the top 10.

You're right, I kid again.

All in all, why not choose the top 5 posters from each
decade 1910s thru 1980s. (Before the 10s, many have
not survived ... and I'm not sure there are many
choices after the 80s).

allenday

http://www.movieposterforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4777&st=0#entry521509

> Regards
> Andy
>
>          Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at
> www.filmfan.com

>        Send a message addressed to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>             In the BODY of your message type:
> SIGNOFF MOPO-L
>
>     The author of this message is solely responsible
> for its content.

Be a better friend, newshound, and