  From: Bruce Hershenson
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:57 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] MOPO- most Stupid question ever asked on MOPO in 13
years; a related question

  Tom

  That wasn't a stupid question at all! But here is a similar question that may
well BE stupid!

  I look up the country each movie is made in, when I sell a poster from that
movie, and I have found that just about EVERY country in the world made TONS of
movies locally (although a lot of them never made it to the U.S., of course).

  But here is a real oddity! I have only encountered a tiny number of movies
that were actually made in either Argentina or Belgium, and yet, as we all
know, these two countries produced a ZILLION posters! Why did two countries
that seem to have had next to no movie making print posters for so many movies?
You would think that if they were so "movie crazy" in Argentina or Belgium then
a local movie industry would have developed there. What is that about?

  Bruce
  Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com