Hey,
 I remember seeing "The Mummy" with Boris Karloff when I was about 7 years old.
It scared the ba-jeebees out of me. While I spent most of the movie with my
hands covering my eyes, I couldn't leave, I had to know how it came out. Since
the studio's didn't really have a rating system in those days, even when the
film came out, I'm sure people took their kids to see it, don't you think?  So,
it was sort of a family adventure to the movie theater.  I saw Old Yeller in
the 60's when it came out. Another family adventure and I don't think it has a
rating.  I can remember being physically agitated and apprehensive when he had
to shoot the dog. I wanted to jump in front of the gun and then I was crying my
head off. I saw it at the drive in with my family, where usually my younger
brothers and sisters fell asleep about 20 minutes into the first movie and I
was wide eyed right through the second feature.  Other kids my age must have
had similar reactions because I remember it coming up in conversations in
college and everyone going "Oh yea, Old Yeller...."  I think Walt loved kids or
at least was a big kid himself but a lot of those Disney non animated features
caused a lot of angst in kids in those days. Most kids probably wouldn't even
flinch nowadays. There's a commentary..............

I'm the same as Phil........I never saw the Disney animated features like Snow
White, Bambi, etc., until I went to college and my roommate and best friend was
a huge Disney fan (she is now a Art Director at Disney). She made me go and see
those films with her. I am glad she did as it started my love of Disney
posters.

Sue