From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Richard Halegua Comic Art
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:13 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Another Unka

Phil

I think if you look at lots of Disney films, they have some overtly
violent contexts

Snow White: the Witch terrified children at the time and I have 2
cousins who to this day have not seen the film since they were little
girls and refused to let their children watch it when they were
youngsters

Bambi: the forest fire & a number of other scenes create wailing
children everytime it is screened

Peter Pan: death & destruction

Pinochio: oh c'mon, being swallowed by the whale in that terrifying
scene makes kids doody their pants.

and those are just some samples.