Doug, I agree and COMPLETELY disagree all at once. Ebay or any other company gets no pass when they work in the public marketplace.

If I have a complaint due to their 'trying to improve' something that either makes it worse or an un-level playing field I will say so, it goes with the territory and they should welcome such input from passionate buyers and sellers if their intention is truly to try to improve their service to
their customer.

And the idea that there was no PayPal and now that Ebay owns PayPal they make is increasingly difficult to use other payment methods brings into question whether they are actually 'trying to improve' or trying to improve their bottom line at the expense of customer options and customer satisfaction. PayPal still owes me $2,300 so don't expect me to be naive enough to accept any of Ebay's or PayPal's actions to be motivated purely by 'trying to improve' for their customers. You can simply google for Ebay and PayPal horror stories when it comes to customer service. And their latest
moves don't appear to be improving the landscape.

Keep in mind, their Sellers are their customers as well as their buyers and many times they are the same people.

In the end, you may be right. They are losing Bruce, who is 'just mov (ing) on' and I have definitely dropped my business with Ebay in the last few months and will likely continue to do so. Beneath it all is a sad truth that you touched on, Ebay may very well have made some great strides in some ways that were greatly valued by their customers, buyers and sellers, both. However, change for change sake or for their bottom line that motivates people to 'just move on' sounds like a pretty poor business plan. Ebay customers 'just moving on' is a reaction to actions Ebay took that is making their site less user friendly, creating a playing field that is not level, and leaving many to finally conclude that doing business on
Ebay is worth it at all.

So Doug, while they may have improved in the past, and they may be trying to improve now, they have created problems for their customers who have every right to have their voices heard. For when regular customer's have the choice of enduring what they see as unfair policies or 'just moving on,' that in itself is a
failure to improve.

Patrick