To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:58 AM
Subject: [MOPO] WTB: Of thee I still sing--Al Hirschfeld the Line King...

Hey Mopo peeps,

Hope all has been going well for everyone. I think our love of the flickers
is good for our tickers, but who knows? LOL.

I am looking to purchase images from anyone who might have any of the
hallowed Hirschfeld laden-images I've been looking for, for some time now. I
have found a great many so far, but there are more out there :)

I must reiterate that my only goal is to see that these great images are
eventually put in very nice books for all of us--who simply can't own all of
these great posters, regardless of how much couch change we are able to
apply towards a purchase. There are a lot of reproduction sales that go on,
and that's not for me at all. (I'm not a fan of that practice.)

I am looking for some of the following Hirschfeld posters:

1. Flirting with Fate (Joe E. Brown six-sheet, MGM)
2. The Winning Ticket (Ted Healy, Leo Carrillo, six and three sheets MGM,
1935)
3. Stablemates (Mickey Rooney, Wallace Beery, MGM)
4. The Courtship of Andy Hardy (Mickey Rooney, MGM)
5. How to Behave (Robert Benchley short, MGM)
6. How to Sleep (Robert Benchley short, MGM)
7. What No Beer (Buster Keaton, three and six and 24 sheets, MGM)
8. Parlor Bedroom & Bath (Buster Keaton, three sheets A/B, 24 sheet, MGM)
9. Minn and Bill (Wallace Beery, Marie Dressler, three sheet, MGM)
10. Hollywood Party (Mickey Mouse, Jimmy Durante, Laurel & Hardy, et al.,
MGM, 1934)
11. Reducing/Politics (Marie Dressler Polly Moran, MGM)

Pressbooks:

1. A Day at the Races (Marx Brothers, MGM, 1937)
2. Babes in Toyland (Laurel and Hardy, MGM)
3. Parlor Bedroom & Bath (Buster Keaton, MGM)
4. Sidewalks of New York (Buster Keaton, MGM)

Jeez, guess that's a mouthful. Will pay $100.00 per image for a black and
white still of the images and $200.00 (plus cost to scan or make a
transparency of) the posters.

Thank you so very much.

Warmest regards,

Daniel...