okay how's this:
a collector buys a poster from Heritage in teh signature auction, however he buys it via the ebay system & bot HALive

he gives Heritage a check for $11,950.00 which represents $10,000 bid price & 19.5% vig then Heritage gives ebay (oops, I mean fleaBay) $350 resulting a net sale of $9650.00

how much did the buyer really pay??

Now the other side:
a collector sells a poster via Heritage. It sells for $10,000 and the buyer pays Heritage $11,950 Heritage pays the seller $7000, but before they send a check they also bill the seller for linenbacking of this 6 sheet poster for $800 and the seller gets $6200

how much did the buyer really pay??