I have come to the conclusion that all should agree to disagree if they do so, or if not, do not.

I, for one, see salient comments on both sides. I cannot disagree with the idea that 'the price paid in order to acquire the poster is the price paid, aka value that the buyer has or will assign to the poster. Can't say for sure if that means anyone else will value it at that price, but the Buyer certainly has all sorts of reasons to come to that conclusion.

Then again, does this mean that if I fly to Texas for the Heritage Auction I can add the price of the flight and hotel to the increased value of the poster? And if not, why not, for these costs, too, were incurred in acquiring said poster?

Bottom line, I'm watching ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST and it's far more interesting than this fast becoming threadbare thread.

Therefore, I will take the New and Improved position of agreeing with everyone as if I were a Swiss Poster. Everyone's right, everyone 'wins.'

Which reminds me of what Sue Heim once asked me after I told her, excitedly, that I'd won a certain poster on Ebay.

"Congratulations, you won the poster!" said Sue, adding "Does that mean you don't have to pay for it?"

Patrick