I'm with you on this one Bruce.  I actually loved KING KONG.

Cheers,
Toochis

----- Original Message ----
From: Bruce Hershenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:42:52 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Bruce's Auctions

I think another good example of this was the recent King Kong. Some reviewers
had a problem with Naomi Watts defying the laws of physics by standing waving
her arms on the Empire State Building, but they had the ability to accept the
many other wacky aspects of the movie. For some reason, just that one bothered
them.

Personally, I am able to suspend disbelief quite well. All I ask is that the
movie be well paced, and that I am entertained. My own pet peeve in an action
movie or comedy is when the lead character or villain stands still for a few
minutes and gives a long explanation of why all the characters did what they
did. I never care about the explanation, because it is almost always mumbo
jumbo anyway. I much prefer Hitchcock's type of explanation, where it is simply
"something" that everyone wants, and they don't explain it at all.

Bruce

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Patrick Michael Tupy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>