I never saw the Masters of Horror TV show, but it had episodes directed by Stuart Gordon, Tobe Hooper, Joe Dante, Jon Landis, John Carpenter, etc.

-rk

On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:03 PM, Patrick Michael Tupy wrote:

Good Lord, this is so far afoot from the original question!

Craig makes the point that 'Low Budget' is a relative term and arguing it is absurd because it is relative to the original proposition of the post. Can a MAJOR DIRECTOR shoot an 'epic' on a low budget? Bob, I hardly think you are suggesting that your Doc is an epic (though I certainly appreciate the epic nature of all filmmaking and the problems therein). Still, what is YOUR opinion on the issue? Do you believe a Spielberg or another A-Lister could make an 'epic' on a low budget? Enough with the 'devil in the details' of who knows what, etc. Docs are generally cheaper to make, which is no sin, but to compare an 'epic' type drama to a doc or the 10 zillion films made in the last quadrillion years doesn't answer the question.

I suppose what's inherent in the original question is have these titans become too fat and are incapable of filming on a diet? I think it would be fantastic to get three or four A-List Directors, give them each $500,000 and have them make separate films then compare the outcomes. What you have to understand is that Tom Hanks will show up for free just like your pals will show up and do something gratis. Those are the perks of being in their positions. Okay, Hanks would show up for nothing 'up-front'...lol

It might be called TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE

Patrick