I've heard that they're closing down EBAY Stores also. They seem to be trying to drive their sellers mad! Channing

On Aug 26, 2008, at 9:44 PM, CK MacLeod wrote:

Where'd you hear the rumor, Diana?

On the basis of past experience, I wouldn't be surprised if eBay denied that they intended to close down stores until the day they suddenly announced they were closed or about to close the next week.

Is it possible that you heard that "ProStores" was going to be closed down? It was eBay's standalone "shopping cart," linked to eBay but not on eBay or easily promoted through eBay, once upon a time purchased for billions as I recall, that I don't believe has ever gotten very far off the ground.

It seems odd that they'd bring the fees for eBay stores way down again, most of the way back to where they were a couple of years ago, and move the site generally towards fixed price offerings, but close down eBay stores at the same time. However, it's difficult to predict what they might do and why.

Will do some research of my own.

Colin

CK MacLeod Collectibles at ckmac.com
Kymar's on eBay

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 09:24 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] EBay stores

Hi everyone,

Is the rumor true that all eBay stores are slated to be closed by eBay? If so, when, and why?

Thanks.
Diana
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www .filmfan .com___________________________________________________________________How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing ListSend a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-LThe author of this message is solely responsible for its content.