From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glenn Taranto
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:40 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] High Socity Reprint question...

First off... Hope every one in Texas is doing OK after the big blow...

Secondly, I was offered a trade today for an original release High Society one sheet. It wasn't folded and had no NSS number. Other than that all the printing on the bottom was correct for that poster.

It was 27x40 1/2. It was obviously trimmed on the bottom as the trim was not as sharp as the other three sides. There was nothing indicating it was a reprint.

I explained to him that I felt it was a reprint but he insisted that he worked at MGM and has had this poster since the mid-sixties and that it came from the president's office. He also claimed to have sold another exactly like it, unfolded. Another red flag I thought. Following all that the paper didn't feel right either.

Anyone know of early reprints on this title or run across anything like this on this title before? I'd like to be honest with the guy and tell him exactly what he has.

I would appreciate any comments.

Many thanks,

Glenn T.