  From: Alan Adler
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 11:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Paul Newman Dead

  I, too, mourn the loss of a real star!

  One day about 20 years ago I was walking into the LA airport (LAX for
  locals) and Newman was coming out.
  I opened the door for him and we looked into each other's eyes.

  I've been around almost 60 years now -
  and have looked at my share of eyeballs -
  And I got to share with you guys -
  I have never seen blue eyes like that.
  Like they were digitally enhanced.
  Like they glowed against the daylight.
  Like he was some kind of blessed / extraterrestrial god-child.
  And I suppose he was!

  Still gives me chills to think of that moment.

  Alan