http://www.esquire.com/features/graceful-exit-0500

Glad we had him,

Patrick

On Sep 27, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Toochis Morin wrote:

They both made more contributions to the world than their acting or their beauty. They have helped so many people and causes. That is the bigger loss. They have such rich hearts. Paul Newman will live on in bigger ways than even he imagined.

Toochis

----- Original Message ----
From: Scott Burns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 9:30:52 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Paul Newman Dead

I happened to catch some news coverage of a charity event for HIV/ AIDS last night where Elizabeth Taylor made a rare public appearance. I had heard that she hasn't been doing well, but the video was really shocking--she looked so
frail, confined to a wheel-chair.

One of the reporters made the comment that this could very likely be her last public appearance. I began thinking about one of my favorite Taylor films, "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," and how absolutely stunning she and Paul Newman looked in that film--both being at their peak in physical beauty. A real sadness came over me...cursing "the ravages of time," if you'll pardon
the cliché.

Now I wake up on a Saturday morning and see that Paul Newman is gone.

Oh, the ravages of time....

Scott
MoPo List Owner