1944's Farewell My Lovely which was originally previewed under it's original title, but very quickly was retitled for US theatres because the studio realized people thought they going to see a Dick Powell singing comedy

British posters still bear the original title and in the credits Raymond Chandler is credited as "author of the book of the same name" and clearly he never wrote a book called Murder My Sweet

ps.. I'm looking for a Farewell My lovely Quad/half/1sh/anything