I agree that the continuing production of contemporary film posters is VITAL to
luring newbies into the hobby and thus sustain the industry.  These new posters
are the marijuana of the movie poster world, which lead - as sure as night
follows daybills - onto the stronger, vintage stuff.

In fact, let me share with you a brief movie poster glossary that was provided
to me by the late Roddy MacDowall on his deathbed :

A Marijuana - freshly produced, only costing a few dollars and widely available
[though not universally approved of].  Often pre-rolled for your convenience.
Gives a mild, initial high, before bigger thrils are required.
An LSD - pricier, vintage, going back to the 60s.  These come in a variety of
psychedelic colours, but more and more frequently in minty-white [ironically,
many of these turn out to be so new they're acid-free].  Has been known to
result in "bad trips" to ebay's safeharbour and in some cases turn buyers
psychotic.
A Cocaine - A "Flying Down To Rio" poster or any other RKO piece with a
nosebleed price.
A Heroin - Universal Horror.  A monster addiction that comes at a huge personal
cost.  Not to be confused with the term "Chasing The Dragon" which refers only
to the collecting of Warner Oland posters.

I would suggest the adoption of Roddy's helpful system for clarity when trading
posters on MOPO.  On second thoughts, in this era of hi-tech tapping, "FS:
Cocaine, fine condition, uncut, buyer collects" may create generate the wrong
kind of interest from INTERPOL.

This email does not condone drug use, nor the kraft-backing of posters.

yours, 3-sh to the wind,

Neil