  From: Bruce Hershenson
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 6:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Could this replace collecting actual movie posters?

  Forget Horatio Alger and "Dime Novels", in a few more years they'll have
forgotten what "paperbacks" were!

  Bruce

  On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Richard Halegua Comic Art <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

    yep.. Ken is entirely correct and of course, this is pretty much what my
post said
    what we do, will be forgotten much like the collectors who paid handsomely
during the 1950s for "Dime Novels" of the 1880s-1910s
    you know, those small paperback looking things with western outlaws and
Horatio Alger stories

    you can't get 1/10th today of what some of them sold for when they were
heavily collected in the 1940s-50s

    and of course, I'm presuming at least some of you know who Horatio Alger is
(Go west young man, go west)