Men are more foolish?

ad

--- On Sat, 12/20/08, McDaniel Kirby <ki...@movieart.net> wrote:

From: McDaniel Kirby <ki...@movieart.net>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] what do YOU think is the reason there are far more men than
women in this hobby?
To: mop...@sol03.american.edu
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 6:36 PM

men are more artistic?
women are only vessels for childbearing?
men appreciate a good investment?
women only like to spend their husbands money for renovations and clothes (for
them)?
men appreciate nostalgia because for many of them it harkens back to a time
before they were married?
women's idea of nostalgia is looking back on their daughter's first
dance recital or their son's first t-ball game?
men love the idea that it irks their wives?

all of these come to mind.

K.

On Dec 20, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Bruce Hershenson wrote:

> I know that movie poster collecting is mostly a male hobby, but I would
estimate I have between 5% and 10% females among my 30,000 customers, and I
wonder how many female collectors post here on MoPo.

> I also wonder if any of the females here have an opinion as to WHY there
are so many more male collectors than female. After all, I see nothing at all
gender based in this hobby, unlike say baseball cards, where all the players are
men. There are certainly a lot of movies that appeal more to women than men, and
I would think a high percentage of movies are completely "gender
neutral" (appeal equally to men and women).

> So what do YOU think is the reason there are far more men than women in
this hobby?

> Thanks!
>
> Bruce
> The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

                                        Send a message addressed to:
lists...@listserv.american.edu