My main complaint is the issue of EBAY making changes that are unnecessary and unsolicited by the users. They seem to do this all the time -- sort of like "change for change's sake." As to the look, I like it when a lot of the home page is right there in front of you and doesn't requiring a lot of up and down scrolling. I like to see as much info and pictures, categories and announcements as possible, to hit you right when you open the page without having to extend the page down with scrolling.

Thanks, Channing

On Jan 13, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Irvin J. Gelb wrote:

Channing,
I tried mine and it looked nice to me. I see no negatives. Please specify
what you don't like about it. Also, I use the Auctiva format and there
really isn't much of a change except for it looking a bit more polished.
Irv

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@sol03.american.edu] On Behalf Of
channinglylethomson
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:40 PM
To: mop...@sol03.american.edu
Subject: [MOPO] The EBAY Stores Experience

MOPO EBAY Store Owners --

When you go to make changes to your EBAY storefront (Manage Store),
you will be sent to a message to check out THE EBAY STORES
EXPERIENCE.  This is the new format for EBAY stores that is being
forced on store owners by the end of March.  They let you take a look
and see if you want to start using the new format now.  Oh whoopee --

This link may get your there directly --
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?StoresR2AnnouncementV4

From a quick look I can say, once again, I am unimpressed.  Changes
are annoying and make the store  more difficult to look at with lots
of scrolling and clicking.  Of course, the changes are being forced on
the sellers without any input from them.  Will EBAY ever learn?

Channing Thomson