channinglylethomson wrote:My main complaint is the issue of EBAY making changes
that areunnecessary and unsolicited by the users. They seem to do this allthe
time -- sort of like "change for change's sake."

Well, somebody has to justify their job!!  Yes, it irks me too.
> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:25:14 -0800> From: sa...@comic-art.com> Subject:
> Re: [MOPO] The EBAY Stores Experience> To: > > you folks don't see the #1
> reason that fleaBay is making this change:> > to show more advertising> >
> this was the thought behind the search page advance links being moved > to
> below the ads on every page and the only problem with it is that > when it
> began, I thought the first page was the only page until after > a few
> searches and I knew there had to be more pages which made me > scroll down
> further to find the link to the next page> > why do they want the ads to show
> so much?> AD REVENUE> > they're grasping at straws and every time they make
> an improvement > for themselves, they make a detriment to us..> > Sooner or
> later the stock will go low enough that Google or Microsoft > will offer to
> buy them out so they can integrate it into their own businesses> > Rich> > >
> > At 08:07 PM 1/13/2009, channinglylethomson wrote:> >My main complaint is
> the issue of EBAY making changes that are> >unnecessary and unsolicited by
> the users. They seem to do this all> >the time -- sort of like "change for
> change's sake." As to the look,> >I like it when a lot of the home page is
> right there in front of you> >and doesn't requiring a lot of up and down
> scrolling. I like to see> >as much info and pictures, categories and
> announcements as possible,> >to hit you right when you open the page without
> having to extend the> >page down with scrolling.> >> >Thanks, Channing> >>
> >On Jan 13, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Irvin J. Gelb wrote:> >> >>Channing,> >>I tried
> mine and it looked nice to me. I see no negatives. Please> >>specify> >>what
> you don't like about it. Also, I use the Auctiva format and there> >>really
> isn't much of a change except for it looking a bit more> >>polished.> >>Irv>
Windows Liveā„¢ HotmailĀ®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009