To: <mop...@sol03.american.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:58 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Semi-OT: Why Kids Don't Collect Stuff Today

Kids don't collect anymore because we raise them believing that if
something is three years old, it's obsolete. Comic books, lobby cards,
posters, army men ---- it's all junk to kids. There's also a lack of
interest in playing detective and finding that last piece that rounds
out a part of a collection, like that last Casablanca lobby card to
complete your set. We live in a world in which instant gratification is
the operating force. FRANC

-----