Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 01:23:57 -0700
From: dsoneshe...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MOPO] question about ebay seller: tloceposters
To: mop...@sol03.american.edu

Wow.  I am simply stunned at all the good vibes that everyone has for this guy.
He's got you exactly where he wants some of you - to believe that he is just an
honest dealer that might of gotten swiped himself into buying some known fakes,
and unwittingly passed them on to you.  Could happen to anyone of us dealers,
right?  He's got some legitimate originals so you'll think exactly that.

I wonder what his income is off the fakes alone.  Probably not too bad.  It's
probably enough to buy some really nice originals to keep the illusion going to
all the gullible people out there.

I'd love to pint you some of the emails he's sent me, you wouldn't think he was
such a nice guy then.  He's threatened me with his lawyers not once, not twice,
but three times in the last year and a half or so. And they were all because
I've pointed out his fake Pulp Fiction auctions.  He doesn't like it when his
bread and butter sales are compromised.  In two examples, I simply asked if he
could please send me a close-up picture of Uma's cleavage, because any
collector  of the recalled Pulps worth his weight knows that this area will
quickly reveal if it is a reprint or not due to the white printing defects on
Uma's black shirt.

"Get Serious........white specks on
her chest????? What's wrong with you. Get lost pervert. I have reported
your sick E-Mail to E-Bay. Hope you get suspended. I have also blocked
you as a bidder. Don't bother us again.

"What is wrong with you? A close up of her clevage? What
are you some kind of pervert? Specks on her flesh??? I have reported you to
E-Bay and  I hope you get suspended. Also you have been to our blocked
bidder list. Please don't contact us again. This is a serious business. We have
a 100% reputation for six years and are not here to play games."

He knows exactly why I wanted the close-up, and that's exactly why he avoided
the request and tried to deflect it.  (BTW, If interested, I can provide entire
emails with dates and times and email header information to prove I am not
making this stuff up.)

The killer punchline is that he's even now stopped putting the Miramax stamp on
the back of his Pulp reprints, and is joining in with everyone else decrying
the fake stamp that he helped start, and Dan Rickard tried to get the correct
information out to the poster community.  Oh, here's from an email from Tom
about Dan and his incredible work as a movie poster authentication guru:

"It is a sad state of affairs that sham
websites such as Dan Rickards have spread unfounded and incorrect
info to the poster collecting community . He has done a great
deal of harm to this hobby and he still doesn't realize it."

It's very sad that Dan's authentication site is not around anymore, and I would
bet $100 bucks Loce and his Rochester, NY buddies went out and had a few drinks
the day that it came down.

One more example: let's look at this auction.  In his description, he insists
that it was printed by the National Screen Service!  I mean, c'mon, is he
serious?  Who's he really targeting with that piece of disinformation?  Someone
who is new to the hobby, and knows that NSS numbers used to mean it was
probably a legitimate poster they are looking at.  In 20 out of 20 auctions I
looked at, the poster in question was printed by the NSS.  Pretty amazing
considering the NSS hasn't been around for at least a decade.

This is exactly why the hobby has started to lose its luster, and why more
people are just saying 'forget about it, it's not worth the trouble trying to
keep up with what is an original, and what might be a fake.'

Loce's own words paint a pretty good picture of where he's coming from, and
what he's trying to accomplish.

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009