As I read through all these postings, I must say that there are a lot of great,
amazing songs...songs you want to sing again and again, or whistle, or dance
to, whatever.  BUT folks, a great song that truly shakes you to your core, and
grabs your emotions and twists them into a knot, and makes you feel the
pain....that HAS to be "And I am telling you"....and since the original
question was referring to a movie, the performer has to be one Jennifer Hudson.
 I did YouTube the stage performance and it was powerful as well. But I am on
Team Hudson!