BEST SONG AS A SONG - SECRET LOVE from CALAMITY JANE
BEST FILMED SONG AS A MUSICAL SEQUENCE - CONSIDER YOURSELF from OLIVER!. This is seriously tied with SINGIN' IN THE RAIN from
SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
BEST SONG ENRICHING THE CONTEXT OF THE SCENE – HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS from MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS
BEST SONG COMPOSED ORIGINALLY FOR FILM - GIGI from GIGI
BEST SOLO - OVER THE RAINBOW from THE WIZARD OF OZ
BEST DUET - I REMEMBER IT WELL from GIGI
BEST TRIO - BOOGIE WOOGIE BUGLE BOY FROM COMPANY B from BUCK PRIVATES
BEST QUARTET - THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT from THE BAND WAGON
MOST HAUNTING MELODY this is a tie:
  UNCHAINED MELODY from UNCHAINED  and
  WILD IS THE WIND from WILD IS THE WIND
BEST SONG FROM AN ANIMATED FILM - WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR from PINOCCHIO
BEST SONG TO ACCOMPANY AN ANIMATED SEQUENCE - YOU CAN FLY from PETER PAN
BEST SONG PERFORMED IN AN ANIMATED FILM - ZIP A DEE DOO DAH from SONG OF THE SOUTH
BEST SONG WHICH IS ALSO A STATE SONG - OKLAHOMA! from OKLAHOMA!
BEST SONG PERFORMED "IN CONCERT" - GET BACK from LET IT BE
BEST DIDACTIC SONG - SWINGIN' ON A STAR from GOING MY WAY.
BEST SONG FROM A SHORT SUBJECT - THE HOUSE I LIVE IN from THE HOUSE I LIVE IN
BEST SONG AND CHOREOGRAPHY MARRIAGE - AMERICA! from WEST SIDE STORY
BEST SONG ABOUT MUSIC - DO RE MI from THE SOUND OF MUSIC
BEST SONG OMITTED FROM THE FILM MUSICAL VERSION - I HAVE DREAMED jettisoned from THE KING AND I WORST LYRICS FOR A GOOD MELODY NEVER PERFORMED IN THE FILM - SOMEWHERE MY LOVE not from DOCTOR ZHIVAGO BEST SONG ADAPTED FROM CLASSICAL MUSIC - STRANGER IN PARADISE from KISMET

But the BEST BEST OF THE BEST? I could never say. Maybe AS TIME GOES BY or OVER THE RAINBOW.

I must say that some of the choices that some of you have made - and I ain't going to say who or what - are INSANE!

I have just gotten back from Dallas where I saw TUTANKAMUN AND THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE PHAROAHS at the Museum and it is an
truly terrific exhibit.

Kirby