Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:51:14 +0000
From: evan...@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: OT: Female Heritage auctioneer who's entertaining me right now.
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Sigh.

Too late, she's gone and been replaced by some geeky guy.

On 27 Feb 2009, at 00:39, David Kusumoto wrote:

Someone just wrote me that she looks like she escaped from a Howard Hawks film.
 Well, the woman said on screen that she used to wear a Wonder Woman costume as
a kid and I believe it.  But she just took a break and will be back later.  Now
they got a guy on screen who really LOOKS like he collects comics.  Her
whooping and hollering and jokes and comments -- all of her theater -- makes me
wonder if she's having the effect of pushing up bids amongst the newbies in the
crowd.  It's like she's selling cattle!  The thing that's amazing -- and it
should be addressed -- is how comics make movie posters look like small
potatoes.  Comic prices are in outer space, way HIGHER than Universal Horror;
unbelievable!  Man, I feel old.  This thing is supposed to last for another 300
lots or so....and I think is gonna continue tomorrow.  -d.