Sounds like a bit of a wive's tale to me...LOL

MOST people do not have the wall space to display these, especially 6 sheets and they are much more difficult to handle. even moreso, if they have been backed... to even lay it out... clear the furniture and make a 7 foot by 7 foot space available.. otherwise.. huge rolled linen backed pieces are sitting around. one sheets are simply easier to maneuver. even a 3 sheet is, considering the width on these is not as big an issue as the 81" 6 sheet width.

sure there are SOME wives that might object. however,, this being the primary reason... i highly doubt.

jeff