From: Bruce Hershenson <brucehershen...@gmail.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sat, 23 May 2009 8:46 pm
Subject: [MOPO] Here's a side-by-side comparison of an original and fake lobby
card, with an interesting added twist!

I want to show a side-by-side comparison of one of the earliest and most
notorious fakes in our hobby, the lobby card set from "A Fistful of Dollars".
????? I call this "A Fistful of Comparisons". Go to
http://www.emovieposter.com/club/staticpages/fistfulofrepros/fistful_of_comparisons.htm
 to see some really first rate side-by-side scans of both an original card and
a fake, plus detailed descriptions in words, prepared by our incomparable
Phillip Wages! In addition, we also have some tantalizing written evidence that
seems to show that there is a good chance that the original card we show was
not only the actual card that was used to make the reproduction, but also
creates the real possibility that the fakes were created by "Professor Powers"
(if you are not aware of who this is, go to
http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/mymovieposters/aboutme.htm, either before or
after you view the above page (and please know that, even though "Professor
Powers" has all kinds of scholarly information about himself, no one in the
hobby has ever seen or heard of him, and many in the hobby think that
"Professor Powers" was created by the people!
  who also created the minty white fakes, and that one of them in fact wore a
disguise to pose as "Professor Powers".

Bruce