Isn't this certificate the "third party authentication" that you are
complaining sellers don't want?
And yet here is a seller providing it and you still aren't happy.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
James Richard wrote:

I fail to understand how a
professional restorer could fail to "check for accuracy" of something
they were adding to a poster. How could a pro not realize that he
couldn't just copy the number off of a Style F version of the poster
onto this one? This is the kind of thing you pay a pro to handle
properly.

And how can anyone possibly describe a poster as "100% original" and
still admit that something was added at the bottom (meaning at least
that part of the original poster was gone and so there is no way it can
possibly be "100% original")? An accurate description would be "A
genuine x-number-of-years old original theatrical release poster with
minor restoration to the fine print in the bottom margin."

I mean, if the seller didn't know about the restoration, I can see how
it would be left out -- but the seller has the COA which mentions the
restoration.

Of course, this is why sellers don't want to adopt this idea of having
a third-party authentication certificate accompanying an expensive
poster at auction. The authenticator will have to detail the aspects of
restoration he can identify and the seller will have to put those
details in the description so and the buyer would actually know what he
was getting and so adjust his bidding accordingly... horrors!

-- JR

Stephen Fishler wrote:
This info from Poster Mountain's restoration report and
would explain things.

"John Davis states at the top of his COA that the writing in the margin
was added in pencil by hand and not checked for accuracy.  I would
assume when this poster was linen backed the 'fine print' was added to
the bottom from a different Dracula poster.   we are adding the COA on
line with the poster description today to our site
www.profilesinhistory.com and www.icollector.com.   This poster is 100%
original and anyone with questions should feel free to call me or John
Davis directly"  Joe Maddalena

                                        Send a message addressed to:
lists...@listserv.american.edu

                                     The author of this message is