Jeff,

PIH has been selling all type of memorabilia including lobby cards, stills, movie posters for many years. Most of the times they focus on high-end material. I would not call them a props auction....they are one of the leading sellers of stills and scripts as well. Remember their Frankenstein one sheet sale, Raven window card, King Kong three sheet & six sheet, Creature from the Black Lagoon six sheet & three sheet, Citizen Kane...top and rare posters. Also they sold the entire inventory of the Hollywood Collectors bookstore...possible the largest movie poster, lobby cards, and still auctions in one single auction ever. I cannot imagine another similar auction coming up soon...PIH has also selling original movie poster art for a long time...I have not seen any other auction house selling that many original movie poster art.....they also sell scrips and movie related first print books..... Collectors of high-end movie posters typically research most of available auctions out there....and remember there are only a few life auctions left these days....Bonhams, Heritage, Christies, and PIH...among some specialized smaller European auction houses....this is pretty much it. I always had the best service and quality received by Joe and his team of PIH. I can say the same of Grey and Bonhams....Christes South Kensington is a little different. They used to have great auctions...too bad Sotheby is out....I also miss Bruce life au ctions...got some really great pieces from his auctions as well. Grey has been excellent since buying posters in his first auction...always amazed of the quality items Grey discovers. Well....going back to PIH...I have seen the same collectors and dealers on the floor bidding at both Grey's and PIH auctions...always fun....to say the least...a lot of fun.

Best / Philipp

-----Original Message-----
From: Walton, Jeffrey <jeffrey.wal...@fnis.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Thu, Sep 24, 2009 6:17 am
Subject: [MOPO] Question - Dracula 1-sheet info

Why did the consignor use Profiles in
History and why is this poster in a Props auction?  Wouldn’t it be
better with Heritage or some of the other top auctions houses in a poster only
auction being the star of the show?   Or were they trying to fly
under the radar?

I’ve been collecting for quite
awhile and bought at many auctions and I never heard of “Profiles in
History” until the fake Universals sprouted their ugly heads.

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is 0Asubject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.