From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Susan
Heim
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:17 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] I just want to clarify

Hello all,

   I wanted to clarify a remark I made in my past email regarding Bruce.
I used the example of the rumor that was started about him years ago to
exemplify how many times people hear something and jump on the bandwagon
as though it was true without having any knowledge of the situation.
Also, tar and feathering someone before all the facts have come out.
That happens alot in our hobby.  As many of you know, I have considered
Bruce a friend for many years. I have known him to be a hardworking and
upstanding person. My dealings with him have always been great and he
has always been honorable. I have defended his position many times on
this group and off list, when I felt he was being judged unfairly.   I
have received emails off list chastizing me for that defense. I could
care less what people think. I believe what I believe and don't follow
innuendos.

     I have often felt that sometimes when you are at the top of the
heap, you take alot of heat from others, whether sour grapes or mean
spiritedness. We have our share of Bruce detractors right here on this
group. I have said it many times, that I think Bruce is a large part of
why our hobby has become so successfull and that we owe him a debt of
gratitude for making all our collections more valuable.

   If I did not make it clear in my previous post, I want to
categorically state that I have never believed the rumors about Bruce.
Someone only a couple of weeks ago brought that up again, for the
umpteenth time, and then tried to back out of it when Bruce responded to
it, stating it was meant to be about a female art dealer even though
they clearly said in their post, "his" father in law. Part of the reason
I don't post as much as I use to on this group is all the "cattiness"
that goes one (and they say women are the gossipers).

   So, I did want to make that clear. As I said, I have my own opinions
and feelings about the current state of these fake posters. But, I dont'
feel it is my place to say negative things and call someone out in
pulbic until they have had their day. That's it.

Sue
www.holllywoodposterframes.com

  _____