From: Bruce Hershenson [mailto:brucehershen...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2009 06:31 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Fw: Question: Love Me Tender Elvis Lobby cards

These are likely same year re-release cards. This happens with super popular
movies like Jaws, where they make a second trip through theaters in the same
year. This is really rare, as very few movies had same year re-releases.

It also sometimes means "revised", where they decided to change the ad campaign
after the film first opened, and they printed new cards (sometimes this
happened when the credits were not as contracted). This is quite common, and I
have seen a good 100 different examples.

There are also many cases where there are different numbers on the different
scenes, and sometimes were there are one or more different images. An example
of the former is the John Wayne movie Circus World, and an example of the
latter is Taxi Driver.

Bruce

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 4:51 PM, JOHN REID Vintage Movie Memorabilia