... and they have subpoenaed the Dallas Observer to release JR's personal information! I have verified that this email I received today is NOT a joke or some weird form spam, but the real deal.

Grey, please ask your bosses to ask their attorneys if they really want to pick
a fight with me personally -- because if they they do, we can rumble -- and we
can start right here on this list.. Heck, I'll even join the other forums to
publicize their attack on free speech and personal privacy if that's what they
want. I'm into comic book collecting and rare books as well -- I've been
meaning to sign up for those lists and forums for quite a while now... And
lately I've found myself intrigued by stamp and coin collecting... As someone
pointed out, since I'm retired I have a lot of spare time.

This is the email I received today:

THE DALLAS OBSERVER HAS BEEN SUBPOENAED TO DISCLOSE YOUR USER
INFORMATION.  PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL CAREFULLY.

The Observer will not disclose any user information (such as email address)
without your consent or unless under a court order.

The Observer has been served with a subpoena in connection with a court
case that requests disclosure of "information to identify" you and
other users who have posted comments to the Observer website.  This
information may include your email address and/or IP address.  The
comment was posted by a user calling himself "JR" to:
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2009/09/lawsuit_claims_heritage_auctio.php

The subpoena was issued in the case of Heritage Auctions, Inc. v. Gary
L. Hendershott, et al., Cause no. DC-09-13332, in the 298th District
Court of Dallas County, Texas.  A copy of the subpoena is attached to
this notice.
We are providing you with this notice so that you may have the
opportunity to oppose the subpoena.  Thank you for your attention to
this matter.

Steven P. Suskin
Attorney at Law
1201 East Jefferson Street