From: Franc
Sent: Dec 3, 2009 11:24 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] BIG News in Universal Horror Fraud Case

Bruce --- I'm not taking sides in this one but your logic is flawed. A forgery is defined as "the process of making, adapting, or imitating objects with the intent to deceive." If Jaime Mendez's claim is actually true in that he didn't know that is was the intent of Kerry Haggard to sell these works as originals, then Jaime had no intent to deceive. Hence Jaime is not guilty of forging movie posters irrespective of the fact that it is his work that was ultimately used in Haggard's forgery.

Franc