At 09:08 AM 12/8/2009, Rudy Franchi wrote:
I just knew that when I posted that site we would start hearing from the nit-wit-pickers of MOPO. Obviously the fellow who put the article together is not a anorakian victim of Asperger's syndrome, but just someone who was contrasting older versions of posters with contemporary posters for remakes of the same film. He remains blissfully unaware that he selected the Antarctican advance or the Tasmanian teaser instead of the original Bulgarian release. I've said it before: this once pleasant hobby devoted to the graphic power of movie poster images has been taken over by a bunch of nerds who want to turn it into effing stamp collecting! rudy

Rudy:

I think you're over-reacting a little.  Everyone seemed to think it was a good
article.  I think pretty much everyone mentioned that, and appreciated that
you'd pointed it out.  Some people -- including me, I admit -- pointed out
that, in a few cases, he wasn't comparing the items he thought he was
comparing.  In most cases, he found a example from a re-issue which
might have had different art from the first release.  In the example I pointed
out, he found an example from the first US release, but it was a test market
and not the poster eventually used for the release most people saw.  (And,
yes, I'm biased; I designed the general release poster.)  Yes, these could
be seen as complaints but they were mentions of corrections; ways to
make the article even better.  Nobody said the article was bad or worthless
or anything of the kind.  Just the same way people talk about movies:
because we don't love every aspect of a film doesn't mean we think the
movie is bad or disapprove of the people who made it.

Craig.

Craig Miller        Wolfmill Entertainment          cr...@wolfmill.com