Dave,

Did you actually try tracking the Registered ONLINE?   Unless the PO has updated their system, you Can NOT.  I just went through this last year.  I had a customer who I sent a package Registered.  Two weeks later , when I assumed he got it, he asked "where's my stuff/  I  went online and put in Registered tracking number. Got an Error, "no information with that number".  I had to call and speak to someone in the postal system to track it down.  After about a half hour they tracked it to his post office.  So, now I add confirmation to registered so I can track (or verify if reached destination) Online.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Lieberman
Sent: Feb 9, 2010 8:04 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] registered mail

several months ago we shipped a plan 9 from outer space lobby card set insured for $3000.00 by US Registerd Mail.

Registered mail is trackable by the way, not sure here who said it isn't, but it is.......we use it all the time.

anyway....as soon as we mailed the package......it disappeared. There was no record of it anywhere in the usps system. I think it was going to Texas, so it wasn't very far.

about six weeks went by, several trips to the post office were useless...........and as I was in the middle of filling out all the paperwork filing a claim.......it magically appeared at the buyers doorstep.

six friggin weeks later!

never got an explanation from the usps.

it definitely is the best and safest way to ship a valuable item though.

David Lieberman

CineMasterpieces.com
| 15721 N. Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite 105 -- Scottsdale, Az 85260
Vintage Original Movie Posters
| 602 309 0500 | Office/Gallery Open By Appt. Only.

Our Facebook Page

Kevin Conway
Conway's Vintage Treasures
www.CVTreasures.com