yeah but that's not because he would be convincing, it's because he would make box office that's one of the biggest issues with true artistic films today and why we see the same actors in all the big roles and also why we don't see many of the character actors anymore - they aren't needed for all star films. They aren't needed for reality tv shows and there aren't nearly as many second level films being made as there used to be

that's why Tarantino with Inglourious Basterds really hits the spot when he has almost total unknowns in most of the roles there is no preconception about unknown actors and they can ply their craft with more believability

it's why <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748//name/nm0910607/>Christoph Waltz can be so good.. he may be a very well known actor in Europe and NY, but he's unknown elsewhere.

At 03:05 PM 2/19/2010, Roland Lataille wrote:
Funny. I was looking up Beyond the Sea on IMDB and who did Paramount want to play Bobby Darin? Leonardo DiCaprio.

From: Roland Lataille <roland.latai...@sbcglobal.net>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Fri, February 19, 2010 5:56:27 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] mopo - Scorseses posters on Morning news

If they want someone older than Harry Connick Jr, now don't laugh, how about Kevin Spacey? I thought he did a great job singing the Bobby Darin songs. I thought it was Bobby Darin singing.

Speaking of Bobby Darin, I was at The Big E in West Springfield, MA and they had a guy singing Bobby Darin songs. I thought he was OK but what was interesting was that he told us all the famous songs that Bobby Darin had turned down and someone else made them famous.