  From: Franc
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] What WERE the best film biographies of popular singers?

  Funny Girl, Love or Leave Me. The Helen Morgan Story and Jolson Story are all
highly enjoyable musical films but I don't know if I'd call them great
"biographies". A lot of those films are fictional. I also don't know if your
question is a fair one: does the world need more horror films or detective
films or sci-fi films or love stories or porno? The world needs good films, no
matter the genre.

  FRANC

  P.S. Add La Bamba to the list.