I know what you mean Channing, and agree with it to a large degree, but it *
IS* kind of ironic that the stars you reference were 1940s and 1950s stars,
*EXACTLY* the kind of stars Gloria Swanson's Norma Desmond was criticizing
as being "faceless" (when compared to the classic silent stars)!

Maybe my children will one day be telling *THEIR* children that then-current
stars can't hold a candle to the "classic stars" of their time, like Robert
Pattinson or Kristen Stewart!

Bruce