From: Phil Edwards <p...@cinemarts.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Mon, June 7, 2010 11:34:36 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Lawrence of Arabia Oscars WC arrives in s*** condition.

I have a stack of unused window cards. No great titles - probably all in the
$10-$35 range. Certainly no LAWRENCE's but a few thing that colelctots might
like.

Of course  unless they are very thin, and many w/cs are not, the only safe way
to ship a w/c is flat, because they are almost impossible to roll
tight enough without using a very wide diameter tube to avoid paper crinkle.
And if you are using a gorilla tube, then that's about the same weight as
boards that size and suitable strength.. which means that postage on such an
item seems ludicrous - esp. if it's to the other side of the world. And so the
eBay shipping cost nazis come out of their cells.

Now with something like LAWRENCE here, or indeed any title that someone REALLY
wants to arrive in pristine shape, even say a NIGHT THEY RAIDED MINSKY'S or
similar value title, and are willing to pay the extra, and tell the seller etc
etc, and this turns up, then it's time to see red.

It's enough to give you the shits, as my mother used to say.

Phil