I think Bolt started the screenplay for The Bounty, but had a stroke and the
eventual film contains little of his original writing.

I imagine the movie with a screenplay by the Bolt of the early 1960s, and it
would have been wonderful.

I first read the three novels by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall
(Mutiny on the Bounty, Men Against the Sea, and Pitcairn's Island) as a
teen, and I know there is still a great series of movies (or an epic TV
mini-series) waiting to be made of the entire story (only parts of which
were addressed in the earlier versions).

Bruce