If you ever attended Cinevent in Columbus and surveyed the dealer's room,
then you probably stopped by the tables of Charles Van Fossan, "Van" to
those who knew him. His specialty was what he called "Hollywood cut-outs,"
3D wooden display items any movie fan would love.  I'm sorry to report that
Van lost his 10 year battle with cancer this morning.

Many years ago, Van was in the Columbus movie theatre business, although I
must admit I don't know a lot about that time in his life. Perhaps others on
the list know more about his past.

There are probably many of you who met Van at Cinevent, and perhaps bought a
fridge magnet, or a 3D lobby card, or a standee from him. Looking around my
room right now I can see numerous items I purchased from him and a few
custom ones he made just for me.  Cinevent just won't be the same without
him.

Scott

MoPo List Owner