yes indeed Phil.
thankfully the California voters seem to be smarter than Meg was hoping.. Everyone doesn't have amnesia
think of all the jobs she created with her campaign though

At 09:23 AM 10/31/2010, Phillip W. Ayling wrote:
As of today Meg Whitman has spent 141 million dollars of personal (sic eBay) money on her campaign. Maybe if 10 million of that had been spent on Customer Service, she would still find herself more money than anyone should possibly need and possibly lots of friends too.
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:brucehershen...@gmail.com>Bruce Hershenson
To: <mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] What are the eBay Morons doing now???

I believe it is indeed because you did not mark it "Paid" in your "My eBay". They pretend this is to "help" you, but actually it serves them a double nefarious purpose. One is to get you to only take PayPal, because then all the items are automatically marked paid. The other is to get the customer mad, so that if he has not yet left feedback he may well leave bad feedback, which lowers your ratings as a seller, and lessens the amount of discounts volume sellers get.

It is kind of like the teacher who tells the class that if 75% of them get As or Bs they will get a day off school, and then when the scores come in it is always 74% or lower, because of course it is the teacher who gives the grades, and they can stack the deck to insure they get the results they want.

It still astounds me that eBay can treat its sellers (who provide them with their income) in such a contemptuous way. At least the sellers can be comforted to know that Meg Whitman threw away well over 100 million dollars on her likely losing political campaign (more than any governor campaign ever), and that money came straight from the pockets of eBay sellers!

Bruce

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Helmut Hamm <<mailto:texasmu...@web.de>texasmu...@web.de> wrote: I haven't auctioned anything on eBay for a long time, but I still occasionally sell something from my eBay store. Several weeks ago I sold a poster, the buyer paid for it, I shipped it, he was happy with it and that should have been the end of that.

Now, yesterday EBAY opens an 'unpaid item case' against my buyer, what the hell is the matter with them? The case was opened by EBAY, I had nothing to do with it.
To close it down again, I had to mark the item as 'paid'.

I cannot believe that they now start pestering my buyers with this nonsense. What is this? Do they want me to fall in line in and give them all the 'extra' information they want? I should note, that the buyer had paid by wire transfer, NOT through Paypal, so there was no 'payment received' information in Big Brother eBay's files.

Below is a copy of the eBay message. I deleted all personal information, but the message is indeed from eBay.

Has this happened to anybody else yet?

Helmut