I think we will all probably have some titles that were so classic and
wonderful yet when re watching and our tatses changed over the years we look
upon them fondly yet realise how dated or poor these films were.

I love the old Hammer films yet when I re-watch them I realise how poor they
actually are.

But surely the film being classic or not is not necessarily the question...it's
what went on around them that gave you that classic feeling...if you saw a
movie with your first date or your parents took you to see the film or a bunch
of pals. It's the memories that surround that film.

One film I love is When Eight Bells Toll - it's got a great story, great
actors...yet it is not well made, but I saw it with my dad all those years back
and I still enjoy the film...but it is by no means a classic.

But then we can look at a huge amount of Bogart films and stuff from that
era...can we say they are classic? Certainly better films have come along and
better actors and directors...surely it's the memories that surround the film?

 This never happened to the other fella.