My understanding is that dress was widely considered "wrong" (ie not the screen
used one.)

________________________________
From: Neil Jaworski <neiljawor...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sun, July 10, 2011 11:52:06 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Gilda dress

Hallo, good ol' Wikipedia comes to the rescue:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dress_of_Rita_Hayworth

In April 2009, the dress was to be sold at the auction house of Forrest J.
Ackerman. In the description of the lot it was specified that the dress still
had the label "property of Columbia Pictures" and "Rita Hayworth" sewn
inside.[5] The initial price was estimated between $30,000 and $50,000, but the
lot was withdrawn before it reached the auction.[6][5] Later, in September
2009,
the dress appeared mysteriously in an auction on eBay with a starting price of
$30,000.[1]